Friday, October 19, 2012

Homemade Cranberry Apricot Granola

Tuesday I made my homemade granola that I just adore. I like to eat it in the morning
for a quick breakfast, in the afternoon for lunch, or even just before bed for a little late snack! There's just something about it that is so comforting and knowing all that I put into it is so satisfying.

Here it goes:
3 c whole grain oats
1 c nuts (I like to use slivered almonds)
1/2 cup coconut
3 T packed brown sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon (or more, I like cinnamon)
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 c honey
2 t vegetable oil
1 c assorted dried fruit
Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside. In a med. sauce pan
stir in honey and oil  over medium heat until it is nice and smooth.
Add the heated sauce over the dry ingredients and mix well. On a cookie sheet evenly spread the granola. Cook in a 3oo degree oven for 40 min. stirring every 10 min. to make sure it all cooks evenly. While the granola bakes, chop up your dried fruit. I love dried cranberries and apricots, but you could add whatever suits your fancy! After your granola cools for about ten min. add the beautiful fruit and mix. There you have it! Store in an air tight container for a week or so, but it usually doesn't last that long! You can package it up and give away to friends and family as well!

Enjoy the Goodness!!!

No comments: