Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Peek at Valentines Day



I always try to make Valentine's day dinner a special time. Since the kids aren't old enough to have true valentines of their own, the holiday is more about family and our love for each other. We really missed having Rob with us, but it was still special. Rob really surprised me by writing a letter to me. I have to say it was the best Valentine's day
gift I have ever received. It really touched my heart and reminded me of why I fell in love with him years ago. He is a wonderful husband and father and we are blessed to have him in our lives .

Some of my Valentine's day decorations are from several years ago. I like to add things little by little .
Hopefully they will keep throughout the years and even have a little sentimental value.



I found this colored pasta that I thought would be fun for dinner.
It tasted really good too.


Ever since Rob and I were first married wherever we went I would notice objects
shaped like hearts. I kind of took it as an omen that we were meant to be together!
I know it sounds cheesy. I would find rocks shaped like hearts, leaves, anything really. I had to laugh
as I was preparing dinner- I found a piece of bread shaped like a heart! How appropriate.



If you look close at the print I made this heart out of,  you will notice it is from a
finance book. At least I'm recycling!


I cheated on dessert. I thought it would be fun to go over to Central Market
and see what they had in their bakery. I was practically drooling. Wow, it was so hard for me to choose. I knew
chocolate would be a hit and also strawberries. Let me tell you-these desserts did not disappoint!

Since turning 13 I can hardly keep this guy full! It's like having one of the hobbits from the Lord
of the Rings. Landon would love to have breakfast and then second breakfast!


My gorgeous Valentines!

No comments: