Thursday, January 31, 2013

Being a mother


I love being able to say... I am a mother.


I have been thinking a lot lately about how we teach our children How we teach them to be
strong individuals who have faith in God, and know His love for them.


How we teach them to know what is right and make good choices in a sometimes bleak world.
It seems as my children get older the world does become more more complicated and even scary.


I definitely pray a lot andstudy the scriptures on my own. We also try to study them as a family. I encourage my
children to pray and read their scriptures on their own every day. I try to help them to learn to
recognize the Holy Spirit. Sometimes it's not so easy to do in the chaotic world we live in.


I am their parent and their friend. Sometimes I am definitely more of one than the other.
I pray to know which to be at what time.


We try to provide the necessities: food, clothing shelter, respect, and love. I always want
my children to feel that home is a safe, comfortable place. A haven from the rest of the world. A place they want to be.


A place they can be themselves and learn to live life the best they can, even when
they experience heartache, joy, or pain.
 I never knew how hard being a good mother would be, but I also never knew how
amazingly beautiful it would be. It has changed my eternity.



Most of all I want my children to know they have a Savior who knows them and loves them. He loves them enough that He suffered and died for them so that when they make mistakes, big or small, they can repent and begin again. I hope Rob and I can always be there for them, to support them, and love them unconditionally as both of our parents have for us. They are our most precious treasures and really we only get to have them in our home for a short time. I love looking back at the pictures of when my treasures were younger. It makes my heart instantly melt and brings me such a sense of great satisfaction to be their mother. They are the jewels that make up my crown and they are priceless!
 

No comments: