Saturday, June 29, 2013

Scraping Floors

We finally took the plunge. After living here for almost 5 yrs. we decided to pull up the
funky the indoor/outdoor carpet in our family room and see what was under it!
Believe me it was a P-L-U-N-G-E

We have some pretty nice brick under the carpet, but to get to the brick we first had
to scrape every inch of flooring! It was covered in carpet glue.Let me tell you nothing brings a family together more than
scraping a floor together. I know it was the kids highlight of their summer. lol

It was a lot of blood, sweat, and tears (literally) but we made it through. I don't know what we were thinking- I was sick and Rob was only home for a day and a half. I was hosting a party for the YW that evening, but we pulled it off!
Now we just have to decide what to do next. I would like to try painting it. Can I just say I have the best husband & kiddos in the world!

No comments: