Monday, July 22, 2013

In the Little Town of Redmond, Oregon

We have had the amazing oppotunity to go visit my moms parents up in Oregon. We have had soooo much fun getting to be out of doors!!!!!!!! (Which we don't always have the opportunity to do inTexas)


We were able to go camping up in the woods, just on the very edge of Detroit Lake. Mom and I were worried a couple times that Eden would swim off with the ducks one morning and woud never come back! Haha but she didn't, thank goodness!

One of the things us kids had a fun thing doing was finding "Gandalf" walking staffs to help us along with a few of our hikes. I even carved my name into one of them and it actually turned out to be pretty good if I do say so myself.


Of course we still went to church during our vacation and we decided that we had to take some pictures just to show off how good we look!!! (:


On one of our adventures we stopped by one of my Mommy's favorite pizza places when she was a litte girl and it was some of the best pizza I've ever had. But I don't think Emma liked it very much... haha I'm just kidding, she just told me it was amazing.



On the hike to Beacon Rock, Eden actually decided to stay with me so I put flowers in her hair so she would look like Rapunzel off of Tangled. We were all tuckered out after that hike but the view was absolutely gorgeous.







This is Great Great Grandma Nora West's house for a great part of her life. We got to stop by and see the inside of it. I learned so many stories about her. There is a wonderful family living there now that has so much respect for Grandma Nora and the mother living there now tells stories of her to her children and even sews just like Great Grandma.This is the place where Grandma and Grandpa had their very first date after a dance they had just been too.

My mom lived in this home on a cute little farm until she was seven years old and my Great Grandma Clinton just lived down the road. We found a sign on the road named after me!!!! Haha kind of ironic, don't you think?



The little girls had the cutest wrestling match ever. They were named Mad Madam Memmz and The Joker Face because of Eden's lipstick. Emma won the match but everyone should have seen it. There was booty swatting and patty cake. Haha!!!!
We have had a ton of fun and our vacation isn't even over! We miss everyone!!! - Lauren Bell and Mad Madam Memmz

No comments: