Saturday, July 12, 2014

Tulum Mayan Ruins, Cozumel Mexico

We finally arrive to our destination in the Mexican jungle. It's hot, humid, and absolutely gorgeous. Walking into a different world,  from a different time and culture when agriculture, religion and science meet is a magical experience. Did I mention it was hot & humid? This ancient Mayan city known as Tulum was at one time a thriving city of red stone set on a cliff by the aqua ocean surrounded by a city wall. There was only one gate that lead you through a narrow tunnel made of stone into this city. Palaces, temples, government buildings and family dwellings make up the architecture amidst the well planned gardens and pathways. Tulum was a very busy city of the past now enjoyed by tourists like my family and I.


Common settlers in the area now enjoy the ancient city.

My mom (Joan), sister (Amy), and me. Hot Babes!!!


This woman is so amazing. She is a fabulous example and an earthly angel. My mom.

Steps lead up to the Mayan temple. It's amazing how much still stands after so many years have gone by. The Mayan's were truly a very industrious, talented, hard working people.

It was really special to see these carvings on some of the buildings. I wish I knew what they meant. You can see some traces of red that used to cover all of the buildings. This city was known among travelers as the city of red. It would be so cool to be an explorer back in the day and come upon this city standing on the ocean cliff bathed in red.

There were archeologists amidst the ruins digging, securing, ect. Looked like a pretty cool job.

The gang. What a special experience this was for me to travel with my parents and sister for week. We made so many good memories. I'm so glad we took the time to spend just with us once again. Missing the little brother though of course!

A lot of gorgeousness! Can you imagine having this view from your town, maybe even your bedroom window? Sigh, sigh,sigh. There may be a move planned for the Bell family in the near future. I wonder how my family would feel about learning how to speak Spanish?

Feeling pretty hot & stinky here. That ocean sure is looking inviting right about now.


We ooohed an ahhed over this little baby tiger. I wasn't supposed to take any pictureswithout paying a sickly enormous fee, but I couldn't help myself. He was so stink' in cute! I wanted to bring him home as one of my adopted children so badly. His owner looked scary and my sister pointed out later he had scars on his face. Yikes!

No comments: